In year 3 in DT as part of our topic Poles Apart we made igloos and created an Arctic scene using collage.
This is how we constucted the igloos:
1. We used thick card as a base.
2. Next we made a dome shape with newspaper held together with tape.
3. Then we stuck the dome to the cardboard base.
4. After that we covered the dome with layers of paper towel.
5. Finally we made a doorway with the cardboard tube and attached it to the dome.
6. We covered this with layers of paper towel as well.
Creating an Arctic scene
We painted our igloos white, then used cotton wool for the snow and blue tissue paper for the sea. Next we drew Arctic animals on card, coloured them in, cut them out and placed in the scene.