At Kings Hill we have a very active School Council where all year groups are represented throughout the school.
Our School Council is full of dynamic and hard working pupils who are determined to make a difference in our school. I thoroughly enjoy working with them every Thursday and they never fail to astound me with their ideas and dedication. I am extremely proud of our School Councillors and it is an honour to work with them!
What do our School Council do?
This is what they said .......
- We can influence and make decisions to improve our school.
- We are the voice for our class.
- We allow pupils to not be in the background but to come forward with their ideas.
- We support our school and all the children.
- We are involved with the outside community.
- We are chosen by our classmates to be their representative.
- You can spot us around school because we wear our School Council badges.
- We can help make Kings Hill School a better place.
What have we been involved in recently?
- We have been working with a School Council from a school in London called John Stainer in Lewisham
- We have carried out a survey in school about behaviour and safety and have then used those results to improve our school.
- We monitor our House Buddies and check that they are wearing their bibs at play times.
- We have spoken to our Parish Council.
- We have been involved in a campaign to make speeding posters to be used around Kings Hill.
- We have carried out an INSTED inspection of our school !
Who is on our School Council 2017/2018?
Kaylen (Polar Bears)
Ava (Year R & 1 representative)
The school council will meet each week to discuss projects that we hope to work on as well as sharing ideas and discussion from their classes. Some of these will include;
- They will be involved with a collaboration project with the John Stainer School in Lewisham which was set up last term. This will enable them to see how another school council works and share ideas with like-minded people. We hope to take a group of children from the school council to visit them.
- They will also be involved in a Healthy School check providing their input regarding personal & social health, healthy eating, physical activity and emotional wellbeing.
- We would also like to get involved with a national school council organisation and will let you know more later on in the year.